Sunday 18 October 2020

Week beginning 18th October 2020

 The Lords Prayer

Psalm 69: 30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.


Praise the Lord! Ye heavens,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eAxiXfBaas


Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.

Isaiah 63: 7 – 16

I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord,   the deeds for which he is to be praised,   according to all the Lord has done for us— yes, the many good things   he has done for Israel,  according to his compassion and many kindnesses.8 He said, “Surely they are my people,   children who will be true to me”;  and so he became their Saviour. 9 In all their distress he too was distressed,   and the angel of his presence saved them.In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
 he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. 10 Yet they rebelled   and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy   and he himself fought against them.

11 Then his people recalled  the days of old, the days of Moses and his people—where is he who brought them through the sea, with the shepherd of his flock? Where is he who set  his Holy Spirit among them, 12 who sent his glorious arm of power  to be at Moses’ right hand,
who divided the waters before them,  to gain for himself everlasting renown,13 who led them through the depths? Like a horse in open country,  they did not stumble; 14 like cattle that go down to the plain,   they were given rest by the Spirit of the Lord. This is how you guided your people     to make for yourself a glorious name.15 Look down from heaven and see,   from your lofty throne, holy and glorious. Where are your zeal and your might?   Your tenderness and compassion are withheld from us. 16 But you are our Father,  though Abraham does not know us  or Israel acknowledge usyou, Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

One of the Comandments from God in Exodus 20:7 You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.


Most of us are given a name by our parents; some of us are named after someone in the family, a name we sometimes shorten or get shortened by others. God we are instucted to call Father by Jesus, when he taught his disiples to pray. God most holy is His name.


T
hy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.


The will of God will never take you,
Where the grace of God cannot keep you.
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the power of God cannot endow you.


This next song helps to understand the will of God. Hope you find it helpful as you listen to it.

"This is the will of God”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXDxodTQZMA


Prayer: Dear Lord, I believe that You uphold the creation by the strength of Your mighty power and Your great wisdom, and that in Your Word You have laid out all that we need to live godly lives that are pleasing to You.

 I desire to do Your will oh God, and I pray that I may serve You in the manner that You require. Lord, in humility of heart I admit that I can do nothing of myself, but only as You give me Your sufficient grace, Your wisdom and Your strength. 

Help me I pray, to live each day of my life in holiness and righteousness, in humility of heart and with self-control. Help me to walk in spirit and in truth and to do only those things that I have heard from You, through the Word of God and the gentle promptings of Your Holy Spirit in my inner soul.

May I look to You and not to the ways of the world. May I grow in grace and in a knowledge of the Lord Jesus, and may I apply myself diligently to pursue You greater plans and purpose in my life, willingly accepting correction, eager to forgive others and enjoying sweet fellowship with You day by day. This I ask in Jesus' name,

 Amen.


Give us this day our daily bread.

Exodus 16: 4 – 7a

4 Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.’

6  So Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, ‘In the evening you will know that it was the Lord who brought you out of Egypt, 7a  and in the morning you will see the glory of the Lord,


Guide me, O thou great Jehovah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT4n1hGjDDg


Jesus said that he was the bread of life, Jesus obeyed and trusted God his father and Jesus wants us to trust him with all of our being. God gives us our daily food to eat and the Word of God, our spiritual food for our souls



And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.


Father forgive Father forgive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBq94CUNp-0


If we expect God to forgive us, then we should also forgive those who say they are sorry to us.

This is Gods will and teaching.


And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.

Ask God in your prayers to save you from temtptaions. Ask him to deliver you from the things that stop you from doing things His way

Yield not to temptation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOt9OUsiP0

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

New International Version

11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
    you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
    to exalt and give strength to all.
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,
    and praise your glorious name.

For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.


For thine is the Kingdom and the glory forever and ever. Amen


For thine is the kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB84OR5Gzbs

Luke 11: 1 – 10

1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
    for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.


The Lords prayer sung most movingly by Andrea Bocelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8jImIjg4UY










No comments: