Saturday 12 June 2021

Week beginning 13th June

 

Theme for Sunday 13th June

Faith, Healing, Miraculous Powers of the Holy spirit.


Glad you can join us to day,


Welcome Holy Spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-b1VkttqQ

Corinthians, chapter 12, verses 4 to 10a.

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers,


Jesus name above all names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4zVZq6Ojw


A few of weeks ago we looked at James and John going to pray when they met a lame man and they healed him by saying “in name of Jesus. Raise up and walk.”

The healed man praised the Lord.

It is by the spirit through the miraculous power of Jesus that the lame man walked.


Great are you Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YOVt1l0OR0




Mark 5: 25 – 34.

25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”

32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

Back in those days if a woman was bleeding she was classed as unclean. And there was a ritual she had to perform by Jewish law to show she was clean. The woman that St.Mark wrote about had been unclean for years so she would be classed as a sinner and was not welcome in their society, that is why she had spent all her money seeking a cure. Her friends would have disowned her and possibly talked about her behind her back.

So for her to touch the hem of Jesus garment (some theologians believe this would have been preaching shawl the hem would have been the tassels. ) would have gone unnoticed and not be felt but she knew and had faith to know she would be healed. But Jesus, to her horror and dismay, turned and asked “who touched me?” for he felt the power the energy come away from him. But to disciples, there were so many people pushing and shoving every one was trying to get close, they were baffled when Jesus asked who had touched him.

The woman knew it was was hardly a touch . But she approached Jesus, He saw her faith and gave the woman His blessing.


The words of the next hymn are printed below


She Only touched the hem of his garment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2E9RYWRgkU


She only touched the hem of His garment
  As to His side she stole,
Amid the crowd that gathered around Him;

And straightway she was whole.


 Oh, touch the hem of His garment,
  And thou, too, shalt be free!
His healing pow’r this very hour
    Shall give new life to thee!


She came in fear and trembling before Him,
  She knew her Lord had come,
She felt that from Him virtue had healed her,
  The mighty deed was done.



He turned with “Daughter, be of good comfort,
  Thy faith hath made thee whole”;
And peace that passeth all understanding
  With gladness filled her soul.



Prayer

Dear Lord, open the deepest recesses of my heart so Your Holy Spirit may dwell inside of me. I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul, and spirit. I surrender to you my past, present, problems I will put my future in your healing hands take all my hurt, pain, worry, doubt, fear, and anxiety, and wash me clean. Help me to release everything into Your compassionate care. Please speak to me clearly, Lord. Open the eyes of my heart Lord I want to hear you . Open my heart   I want to feel Your loving embrace. Open the doors that need to be opened and close the doors that need to be closed. Please strengthen my faith and set my feet upon road that leads to everlasting life. Amen.



You may find this next story moving but it is faith in action. Please watch and listen Open the eyes of my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjYeUN2zWqI



The next Bible Reading speaks for its self and needs no explanation from me.


Luke 7: 1 – 10

1 When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was ill and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, ‘This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.’ 6 So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: ‘Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, “Go”, and he goes; and that one, “Come”, and he comes. I say to my servant, “Do this”, and he does it.’

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, ‘I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.’ 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Jesus noticed peoples faith and the faith of family members as He healed the sick.

When I was a child it was the end of my second birthday, and it had been a wonderful afternoon and a little friend was late arriving because she had hurt her foot and was taken to hospital we sat together on the little wall she was crying and when my mum came to find us we were both in tears I was asked why are you crying I told her it was because her foot was hurting. Jesus said that he wants us to have a childlike faith, So I looked up at my Mum and said to her make it better. Mum was a children's nurse so took my little friend and redressed the wound as I sat and watched I said an inward prayer for mummy to make all the pain go away. She did. So sitting at the table I had second helping of birthday tea with my friend, she was a lot happier. Jesus said that he wants us to have a child like faith.

I have always had empathy with people. When I was twelve an elderly lady at church had a lot of pain in her hand I said only half believing “I have the gift of healing hands I will make it better” She held her hand out then a miracle happen, my hands be came very warm my breathing slowed I felt an energy flow through me. It was all strange and a bit scary I had not touch the hand but hovered mine over hers for I did not want to cause her more pain. I began to pray inwardly thinking of the centurion and his faith and the lady who touched Jesus’s garment and all the other times Jesus healed and asked him to heal her. My hands became too hot, I had to take them away. She straight away became pain free the next day her hand swellings had all gone. She told people I was a healer. I realised people began to think I had the power to heal. Healing's come from Jesus. So for sometime I never used the gift and folk forgot about the lady and her hand. I used the gifts when

animals were in pain, or on their way to the vets.

When we moved in to the house we live in now, a neighbour’s grandson had been hit by a car, his grandparents gave up their front room so a hospital bed could be brought in and the family could take it turns to look after him. I felt I should see how he was, so taking a couple of video films. As I knocked on their door his Gran said “O you are an answer to prayer, we are having to go out can you stay with him we will try not to be too long” . After a short time I got talking to the lad and asked him if he believed in the power of healing, he did, through the bed covers and a thick plaster of Paris pot on his leg I hovered my hands over his leg again I prayed, but this time I was able to tell the patient where the pain was, He was amazed, and after a short time in prayer my hands became very red tingling with heat I felt the same force at work I took my hands away . As that very moment the family all returned his first words were “ I am in no pain God has healed me through Susannah her hands were so hot I could feel it through the bedding and plaster wow I wish you had all been here;” they looked at him and me and said nothing, the young man a few weeks later to the amazement of the hospital staff (who had said it could be months and a lot of physio to get him walking) their young man patient was up on his feet. I still thank God that he is fit and leading a full adult life. And thanked Him for giving me courage to use the gifts He had given, I can not put it into words words what is taking place through the laying on of hands. Sometimes I feel a persons pain as I did over sixty years ago with my little friend. To day I still use the gift when I feel empathy, sometime it is a very soft whisper a prompt that says go to him or her. And I always asked the person if they believe in God I do not use the gift unless I am prompted by the Holy Spirit. My hands are His hands to work for him there has been quite a few miraculous healing that that I have not written about, That is between God and the receiver.

A faith that is open to the healing, miraculous powers of the holy spirit is a gift, and like all gifts we must in every way thank God for He freely gives us His love to us.





Prayer

Lord Jesus Help me to be open to the gifts you have given me for You healed and forgave, . Thank you for bringing hope alive in my heart, you cause my soul to sing your praise. Thank you for this day For all the potential it holds. Thank you Lord. For guiding, and loving me Amen .


Rejoice [Holy Spirit Move Me Now]'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0300MdLvvNU




May
the love of God forever surround you
May the Spirit of God flow through your life,
may
the Son of God fill you with peace.

Amen


When I feel the touch of your hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkYumHgit8


No comments: