Monday 23 May 2022

week beginning 22nd May

 

Loss and Hope


O God our help in ages past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdmLstpNGE


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have not made us for darkness and death, but for life with you for ever. Without you we have nothing to hope for; with you we have nothing to fear.
Speak to us now your words of eternal life.
Lift us from anxiety and guilt to the light and peace of your presence,
and set the glory of your love before us; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.


There is one thing that is for sure, no one can live for ever on this earth.

Most of us know the sadness of losing a loved one, but it is is how we deal with this loss,, It can make us stronger, or break us.

Our emotions are all over the place; We may feel angry; the pain too deep to talk about.

We feel the need to blame someone or something, or even to blame God.


Two sisters in the Bible were mourning the loss of their brother


John 11:1-44 You can read it here.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2011:1-44&version=NIV


I Am the Resurrection and the Life”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeOKX-ZiZY


No winter without a spring
And beyond the dark horizon
Our hearts will once more sing ….
For those who leave us for a while
Have only gone away
Out of a restless, care worn world
Into a brighter day

Helen Steiner Rice.


In the last few months my Mother and her sister have both left me for ever.

My mum was my best friend, The hardest thing is wanting to tell them something about the events of the day, and I find it hard. Mum and I spoke on the phone every day. And in the last few months I never left her. She had a faith in God, she knew she would be called to glory. Knowing her faith and bring me up in her faith, I came to faith myself. I have talked to Jesus a lot more, and I have asked him to help me, He understands. He felt the pain of the two sisters, he was moved to tears. By the miracle of raising Lazarus from death he showed he is the resurrection and the life. We know this for a fact, for we celebrate the risen Lord every Easter. So try not to blame God but to ask Him to be there when all things are hard.


The 23rd psalm Jesus would have known from being young;

when Jesus walked the road to his death through the darkest valley, God was with him. Jesus is our hope, our living Lord filling us with his peace and love. So friend, ask him for his comfort as you walk through your dark valley, He is always with you

Jesus said he is the good shepherd and he will lead us to everlasting love follow him.


A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

2   He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths  for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me  all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


The Lord is my Shepherd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0bt175ZLs


H. Healing hands of God wait lo comfort you

O. Others know and offer you their care

P. Peace of God passes all understanding He will be by your side

E. Eternal life is for all who believe

He is God of all Hope.

There is a hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_yv5yGZnBc


Prayer:

Lord Jesus, I ask you to give me peace in my mind and body. I want you to heal me, fill me with your strength. Everything is causing me, grief, and sorrow. Please comfort me and guide my path through life, and lead me to the everlasting love of your arms. I ask this in your Name. Amen

I am in need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQJzlmDSF4



Benediction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovMrbNAW-sI


No comments: