Wednesday 7 June 2023

Week beginning 18th June

  We are going on holiday for three weeks.  We are posting services for the next three Sundays in advance.  You can view them at any time, but some will want to view one each week.


Sound the battle cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p2LOGYJu0



We see all around us the hurt of war;

the divisions in the home, in the classroom at work, but yes most definitely in the Church. I am not talking of the building, I am meaning The people, yes you and me.

How things are put away, who brings the refreshments, who and where, the hymn books and bible are stored. The devil also loves getting into the choirs and the music, anything to undermine the true work of God and the love we have for each other. Therefore we are told to protect ourselves from the evil one. Open your eyes to how we treat each other. These are not easy words to write or for you to read, but we can overcome and be bound to each other and build each other up in love


Bind us together Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPCfks7I_bU



Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armour of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Prayer.

Heavenly Lord Help me to pray to you each day, be with me in all my activities.

Give me courage to speak about you when the opportunities arise.

Be with ……., ……….., Fill them with you peace.

Help me to learn to forgive when I am hurt, as you yourself, forgive me when I err.

May your love fill my heart that I may feel you with in me.

I bring to you all the things that are worrying me ……………………….

Lord God thank you for teaching me how to pray, join me with all Christians through out the world as I say the prayer Jesus our saviour taught his disciples.


Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, For ever and ever. Amen.

Prayer is the souls sincere desire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQFlX4q5Bk


St Paul writes to the Ephesians but who were they? Please look at the following

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2015/12/23/who-were-the-ephesians-in-the-bible/


The New Christians needed encouragement and guidance to better understand what it meant to live into their new identity in Christ. Faith armour it is not tangle but spiritual the pieces are put on through the Holy Spirit.

Lets look at each piece of Armour

The Belt of truth. By speaking the truth you do not have a long memory to cover up lies,

buckle it up around the waist so it can not fall off it there as a reminder to speak the truth.

The Breastplate This covers the heart & protects the love that is placed there by God It is to give strength to stand firm let your yes be yes and your no be no.

The Feet

God gives our feet protection ready to move to his will and to walk in His ways of peace, peace that brings reconciliation.

The Shield

Carry the shielded of faith with it you can guard against temptation and aggregation. Protects the gospel of His word from mockers.

The Helmet of salvation

A helmet gives protection of the brain it protects against evil, the same evil that wanted to bring down Jesus, but Satan lost.

God is in our heads and our hearts, with our brains we understand the teachings of Christ.

With our hearts we feel His love.

The sword of the Spirit

The sword which is the Holy living word of God, Our Holy Bible through His word we can stand up for Jesus as His spiritual soldiers.


Stand up stand up for Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zdkG4i2Ic


Prayer

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.

Amen

Source: Attributed to Old Sarum Primer, also attributed to Pynson’s Horae, 1514



No comments: