Tuesday 14 November 2023

Week beginning 5th November

 


Guide me O thou great redeemer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j48TLIRb4Q


Help me keep you first in my life. 

    Prayer : Lord God Help me speak only good things in your name. Help me worship you each week. Help me find away to honour my parents. Help me protect life. And to be faithful to those I love.  I know I am not very generous.  help me to want to share and care Help me speak the truth. Guide me through all aspects of my life Help me read your word of old but they are still written for today may they speak with in my heart and help me to understand that I may grow in my faith that your will may be done. Amen.

While the people were following Moses in the great exodus. God fed the people with manna (bread) they were led with a pillar of fire they saw God in action, they had to learn to trust in God this took 40 years. The people knew that Moses had spoken with the almighty living God. They were afraid as the almighty was so awesome. Moses told them that God had given him the Laws that they have to obey.


Ancient words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vmTkXNpwzs


Exodus 20 1- 23


We shall look at the commandments one at a time


1. I am the Lord your God, You shall have no other gods before  me.

This one sounds easy or is it. Do we put worldly needs first? do we think “it does not matter if we do not worship Him to day because I am too busy with this or that.” God would like to be come the most important aspect of your life.


2. Do not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven or on earth or worship it

God is not an object made from wood, stone, precious, gems, or any thing else. God is the only living God for us to trust to worship and praise. Do not make Him jealous He loves you unconditionally and worthy of all praise and glory


Moses I know you’re the man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr7YZ203UVI


3."You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain..."

Some times it is say to “for God’s sake” this is what it means to take God’s name in vain

Another example a young lad was out on a camping trip he hit his head on a swinging camping lamp and let out a curse using God’s name. The camp leader said God has come in many ways but as far as is known He has never been a lamp. The boy was sorry and learned what blaspheme meant.


4. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy."

Give God one day at the start of the week when we can dedicate our selves to Him and worship Him and be still in His presence


Be still and know that I am God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDr9-Mpc_s


5.Honour your father and your mother.

let your actions work for good.


    6.Do not murder.

    Do not kill, Work for peace, Some people feel safe carrying a knife or Gun or any other weapon. Instead ask God to be with you. You may save someone's life this very hour or day

    Pray for those who kill, and pray for those affected by the death.


    This next song can be listened to as a prayer

God With Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNN3htT151I


    7. Do not commit adultery. (Having an affair while in a marriage or long term commitment)


This act brings pain, loss, breaks families, loving. Trust will be gone.


    8. Do not steal.

    Do not take what does not belong to you. It does not matter what it is. The owner suffers emotionally.


    9. Do not bear false witness against your neighbour.

    Let your yes be yes and your no be no speak only the truth in every circumstance .

  1. 10. Do not covet

    (yearn to possess something, especially something belonging to another) Your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your wife, neighbour's nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbour's.”

    In the modern world do not go after your neighbour's wife /husband house car, caravan or anything else they have.

    Your Neighbour is explained in Luke 10: 25-37.


When I needed a neighbour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnEc0vhtyo


Jesus gave us a new commandment in John 13: 34 -35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”


Prayer

Lord Jesus help me to be a good neighbour. Help me to follow your commands

thank you for forgiving me and being there for me every minute of each day.

Be with me and those I love, Be with the strangers I meet with from day today remind me that they are are my neighbours that by greeting them I am welcoming you. Amen


    Ten Commandments Song with Actions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkxx-dB3oFM




No comments: