Wednesday 1 October 2008

Flower Festival

This year's festival was themed on the "I am" sayings of Jesus. Many hours of preparation went into it, and this effort culminated on Friday when some of our members turned up to create the displays.

Jesus said "I am the Gate"













Jesus said "I am the bread of life" (1)

Seven displays were produced in the chapel. Refreshments were served in the back room with cream teas being available on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Jesus said "I am the bread of life" (2)

Jesus said "I am the light of the world"
Jesus said "I am the true vine"
Jesus said "I am the good shepherd".
Jesus said "I am the resurresction and the life"
Jesus said"I am the way, the truth and the life"
the way (detail)
the truth (detail)
the life (detail)

Special services were held at 10-30a.m. and 4-30p.m. on the theme of the "I am" sayings.
A good number of people came to look at the displays and all seemed to enjoy themselves.

No comments: